In Denmark, the main regulations governing prize promotions are the Danish Lottery Act and the Marketing Practices Act.
Under Danish legislation, competition draws fall into the category of “lotteries”, which are prohibited unless they are held for non-profit-making purposes, after obtaining the appropriate licence.
Prize promotions linked to chance are therefore prohibited, even if they do not involve buying, whereas competitions and gifts with purchase are allowed.
Our company provides assistance in the management of prize promotions in Denmark, including the fulfilment of all compliance requirements, drawing on the support of our own local partners.
Companies interested in promoting products and services in Denmark can take advantage of our full assistance in regard to:
- Prize promotions
- Gift With Purchase Promotions
- Trade incentives
- Loyalty programs
Some of our services:
- A preliminary feasibility study
- Consultancy on the promotional mechanics in compliance with the specific regulations of the country
- Dealing with the paperwork in compliance with the regulations
- Checking the communication material according to the provisions of the law
- Tax consultancy concerning the prize events
- Consultancy on Privacy
Organizing a prize promotion in Denmark: Did you know that...
Under the Danish State Income Tax Act, income derived from a prize which has been won in a competition is taxable for the participant.