Sweden allows competitions and gifts with purchase only. According to the definition in the Lottery Act, prize promotions linked to chance are equivalent to lotteries and can be held only by non-profit making Swedish companies.
It should be noted that even competitions in which the winner is declared by public vote fall into the category of “lottery” and are therefore prohibited.
As well as complying with all the regulations governing prize promotions, when organising a competition in Sweden, special attention should be given to the rules and obligations surrounding data protection.
Our company offers the assistance required to organize Prize Promotions in Sweden. We place at your disposal a team that is specialized in international promotions which, in its turn, avails itself of the collaboration of experienced and qualified local legal representatives.
Companies that are interested in promoting their services or products in Sweden can take advantage of our assistance concerning:
- Prize promotions
- Gift With Purchase Promotions
- Trade incentives
- Loyalty programs
Some of our services:
- A preliminary feasibility study
- Consultancy on the promotional mechanics in compliance with the specific regulations of the country
- Dealing with the paperwork in compliance with the regulations
- Checking the communication material according to the provisions of the law
- Tax consultancy concerning the prize events
- Consultancy on Privacy
Organizing a prize promotion in Sweden: Did you know that…
Once a competition has begun, it is not possible to make any changes to the rules. Furthermore, either the winner or the promoter may be subject to tax on the winnings depending on the specific circumstances.