In Hong Kong, the applicable law regulating prize promotions in which there is at least one element of chance is the Gambling Ordinance. Under this law it is necessary, in order to conduct a prize promotion based on chance, to obtain approval from the competent authorities and a licence to carry out the promotion. Failure to comply with these procedures can lead to penalties and, in some cases, also to imprisonment.
With its team of specialists in international promotions, and in cooperation with its local partners, Promosfera can take on the management of competitions in Hong Kong.
For all companies interested in promoting services or products in Hong Kong, we can provide full assistance with:
- Prize promotions
- Gift With Purchase Promotions
- Trade incentives
- Loyalty programs
Some of our services:
- A preliminary feasibility study
- Consultancy on the promotional mechanics in compliance with the specific regulations of the country
- Dealing with the paperwork in compliance with the regulations
- Checking the communication material according to the provisions of the law
- Tax consultancy concerning the prize events
- Consultancy on Privacy
Organizing a prize promotion in Hong Kong: Did you know that…
In Hong Kong, it is a requirement that the results of a competition are published in a Chinese/English-language daily newspaper within 10 days of the winners being selected.