In Estonia, prize promotions and gifts with purchase are subject to several laws and regulations, knowledge of which is essential to organise a promotion.
In Estonia, both lotteries and competitions are allowed, but both are subject to various restrictions and requirements depending on the mechanics, the prize pool and other factors. In some cases, a special permit from the relevant authorities is necessary and in other, the prior opinion of the authorities is all that is needed. Furthermore, depending on the mechanics, either the promoter or the winner will be subject to tax.
With its team of specialists in international promotions, and in cooperation with its local partners, Promosfera can take on the management of competitions in Estonia. For all companies interested in promoting services or products in Estonia, we can provide full assistance with:
- Prize promotions
- Gift With Purchase Promotions
- Trade incentives
- Loyalty programs
Some of our services:
- A preliminary feasibility study
- Consultancy on the promotional mechanics in compliance with the specific regulations of the country
- Dealing with the paperwork in compliance with the regulations
- Checking the communication material according to the provisions of the law
- Tax consultancy concerning the prize events
- Consultancy on Privacy
Organizing a prize promotion in Estonia: Did you know that…
Prize promotions linked to chance involving an obligation to buy may fall into the category of “Lotteries” if the value of the prize pool exceeds 10,000 euro.