In Belarus, legislation defines two kinds of promotions: “advertising games” and “public contests”. The first category includes all prize-giving promotions aimed at promoting and increasing sales of the product or service promoted, whilst the second category includes prize-giving promotions which are free to enter and are aimed at rewarding the merit and talent of the participants.
The obligations required by law vary depending on the type of promotion. Special attention should therefore be given to the publicity and privacy aspects.
It should be specified that Belarusian legislation currently contains scope for misinterpretation and loopholes. For the purpose of clarity, a decree law was issued in 2013 but which still left a number of questions unanswered.
Our company, with the help of local consultants with specific expertise in the area of international promotions, offers support in organising prize competitions in Belarus.
Companies interested in promoting services or products in Belarus can take advantage of our assistance with:
- Prize promotions
- Gift With Purchase Promotions
- Trade incentives
- Loyalty programs
Some of our services:
- A preliminary feasibility study
- Consultancy on the promotional mechanics in compliance with the specific regulations of the country
- Dealing with the paperwork in compliance with the regulations
- Checking the communication material according to the provisions of the law
- Tax consultancy concerning the prize events
- Consultancy on Privacy
Organizing a prize promotion in Belarus: Did you know that…
The Law on Advertising lays down specific guidelines on the advertising of competitions. Among other things, all advertisements must be shown in both Russian and Belarusian.