In Austria, games of chance must be carried out in compliance with the Gambling Act, the Consumer Protection Act and the Gesetz gegen unlauteren Wettbewerb (UWG).
In compliance with UWG, it is allowed to run games of chance linked to purchase, without obtaining any licences, provided that the price of the product is not increased compared to the usual price.
Our company offers the assistance required to organize Prize Promotions in Austria. We place at your disposal a team that is specialized in international promotions which, in its turn, avails itself of the collaboration of experienced and qualified local legal representatives.
Companies that are interested in promoting their services or products in Austria can take advantage of our assistance concerning:
- Prize promotions
- Gift With Purchase Promotions
- Trade incentives
- Loyalty programs
Some of our services:
- A preliminary feasibility study
- Consultancy on the promotional mechanics in compliance with the specific regulations of the country
- Dealing with the paperwork in compliance with the regulations
- Checking the communication material according to the provisions of the law
- Tax consultancy concerning the prize events
- Consultancy on Privacy
Organizing a prize promotion in Austria: Did you know that…
In Austria chain and pyramid games are prohibited: any prize promotions with such mechanics are subject to fines.